Re: New-comer query re Beregovski

Colin,

Congratulations.

You might query Adrienne Cooper at the Workmen's Circle in NY or Chana
Mlotek. I believe singer Shulamis Dion also made some forays into the
Beregovsky material.

One point however -- Beregovski hardly falls into the category of "Klezmer
Tunes."

Which brings up a general point -- there is more to the Jewish musical
Heritage than Klezmer music -- and all of it, folk, Chasidic, choral,
theatre and art songs, are worth exploring and sharing with your audiences.

Happy discoveries,

Sylvia Schildt
Chair, 8th World Conference of the International Association of Yiddish
Clubs to be held in Baltimore, Sept 4,5,6,7, 2003

on 6/25/02 8:31 AM, Colin E. Ramirez at cer7q (at)