KlezFest London

Kalman....

Na.  Du host di epes vegn a KlezFest in London.  Ikh'l tsuzamen
kloybn mer material shpeyter in di vokh in es dir shikn ... di
"links" meyn ikh.  (vi zugt men "links" af idish?)

hofendik, host di gehat hatslokheh mit Arleen'en.   ;-)

...Icek...

P.S.  Here's something from Michael Wex, the canadian I mentioned.
You and he (an me) voltn gehat an geshmaken oovnt zikh
iber-redn .... dertseyln maynse.  (Di tsure iz, aleh mayne maynses
hobn shoyn a boord!)
 <A HREF="http://www.sukke.de/Golus/article.html";>Yiddish Theatre</A>
In a message dated 6/2/2002 9:10:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org writes:

> From: "Jewish Music Institute" <jewishmusic (at) jmi(dot)org(dot)uk>
> To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
> Subject: Update on KlezFest London
> Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 11:19:21 +0100

> ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C20A27.589112A0
>
> Update on KlezFest London June 2002
>
> KlezFest (21 –25 July) is fast approaching and we have ordered the T-shirts
> already!  There are some new things this year:
>
> For musicians, apart from the usual instrumental classes and ensembles,
> Steve Greenman will be running a Fidl Kapelye – a traditional Jewish string
> band, for advanced string players. Frank London will be taking a brass
> class
> and his band the Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars will teach brass,
> baseline and percussion.  Frank will also lead a giant KlezFest jam.
>
> Frank London's Klezmer Brass Allstars with all the KlezFest faculty members
> as guest stars will be in concert at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the Monday
> night in an event that can only be described as Klezmer Klimax!!  (This
> concert is also open to the public 020 7960 4242).
>
> Those students coming to KlezFest as ensembles will also have a chance to
> perform for the public. On Wednesday evening there will be a gig at the
> venue in Old Spitalfields Market, - The Spitz, called ‘Klezmer: The Next
> Generation!’  Oi-Va-Voi will be hosting this gig for KlezFest.
>
> As well as Klezmer, and lots of Yiddish song, there will be plenty to do
> for
> those who are not musicians - illustrated talks on Baghdadi Jewish music
> and
> Sephardi music as well as 17th C baroque Italian Jewish music.  There will
> be drama workshops all the way through with a chance to perform what you
> have studied. Anna Tzelniker will describe her life in the Yiddish Theatre
> in London. And the inimitable Michael Wex will delve into Yiddish
> Expressions. The daily schedule and registration form are available to be
> emailed - ask at klezfest (at) jmi(dot)ork(dot)uk <mailto:klezfest (at)
> jmi(dot)ork(dot)uk> .
>
> If anyone is still considering coming, we will need to know about those who
> will need the university accommodation by Tuesday 4 June.
>
> Ot Azoy, the one-week crash course in Yiddish the week before, (14-19 July)
> is proving very popular. Many KlezFesters will be attending this course as
> well.
>
> Geraldine

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->