Jewish tales near Geneva

NATHALIE ATHLAN & 'HOTEGEKLEZT'
present:

'Diaspora blues, tales of the Jewish worlds'

Sunday May 26, 6:00 pm, Saint-Pierre Church,
Gaillard (France, near Geneva, Switzerland).

My father was from here but born there. My mother was from elsewhere but she
used to stay here. My father's father was rather from this place and my
mother's mother from the other side. As for my mother's father, he left and
crossed the ocean.

Up to that point, everything is all right. or almost. But you'll ask: 'What
about my father's mother?' She rests in her last home, far from here, and God
bless her soul!

But how shall I start to tell you where I come from? Starting softly, you know,
is not in our tradition and as for arriving, nothing is played beforehand.

We are a bit the better off for it!

In the meantime (waiting for the answer, for the Messiah, for my (not already
born) daughter's husband or for a new sewing machine), here are some tales.
Some good Jewish tales. Tales from every wind that blows. Eventually family
tales.

Like those people from whom I got them, these tales went on big journeys. They
crossed many borders, many centuries, many traditions and. survived to
oblivion. They crossed me and I offered no resistance. And that's how they
framed me.

They are my ground. They are the flame that enlighten my night (and what a
night, nowadays!). They are the breath that carries me to you. Here are my
Jewish tales. Tales in music. I tell you! Because when words are missing, there
is always a nigun, a little Jewish melody, to say "yom, tari tari, tam tari
tari!"... and life goes on! Let's follow its marks!

Nathalie Athlan: tales
Itsik Lechtman: accordion
Michel Borzykowski: saxophones
Alain Ruaux: double bass

Info: +4122 7554123     borzykowski (at) infomaniak(dot)ch

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->