Passover: the reviews

The latest reviews include Lori Cahan-Simon's justly acclaimed secular Yiddish
Passover songs, a SoCalled Hip Hop seder, Nefesh' debut album, 'unplucked,' a
delightful album by Israeli band, Tea Packs, 'your life in a lafa,' and Jewlia
Eisenberg's latest effort, an avant gardeish, mostly a capella piece based on
the writings and diaries of Walter Benjamin and Asja Lacis. A mediation by
singer between two lovers. A 'Trilectic.'

It's a wide range for a so-called "KlezmerShack." Makes me feel like I'm
addressing at least some of the relevant corners of current Jewish music.

Enjoy,
ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/