Re: This Week on NPR's "Yiddish Radio Project"

I'm really glad the Yiddish Radio Project is happening.

That said, is there any relationship between the mega air-time this
worthwhile series is getting  and NPR's anti-Israel bent? (See
http://www.camera.org for more on NPR's Middle East coverage.)  Is this
series, at least in part, a PR move by NPR to offset its Middle East coverage?

I might be totally wrong. Who knows.  Not me.  Maybe Henry S.

I called my local NPR station in Sept. '01, while listening to  a
guest/expert go on and on about how Sharon should be put on trial in
Belgium. This was six days after 9/11, and Kojo Nambi (sp?), the NPR
talk-show host, was spending significant time on Sharon.  I had a few other
bogeymen on my mind that week. The station's receptionist naively said to
me, "I'm getting calls from other contributors [listeners who pledge $]
saying we're anti-Israel.  What's this all about?"

-Bert Stratton