-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Elrosen (at)
aol(dot)com
Sent: March 21, 2002 10:37 PM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: RE: Montreal Yiddish

Wow, so many Montrealers here :)

 Both my parents grew up speaking Yiddish as well as a good deal of their
friends - and most of them attended public school. It's no wonder that one
can still find nice collections of Yiddish and Cantorial 78's just lying
around in people's basements in Montreal.

Elie