Press Release: Jewish-Themed Songs About the Holocaust and Israel on CD by Up-and-Coming Singer/Songwriter

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Singer/Songwriter Releases Independent CD Featuring Jewish-Themed Songs

Singer/songwriter Paula Eve Kirman tells it like she sees it.

On her new, eight-song demo CD, Today I Lit A Candle, Kirman recorded several
songs that deal with contemporary social issues, such as the title track about
the 1989 Montreal Massacre.

Two of the songs have a decidedly Jewish theme.  Kirman, who hails from
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, wrote the song "Shoah" (the Hebrew word for
"Holocaust") as a testament to the need to remind current and future
generations never to forget the horrors of the past.

"Time is moving on and many Holocaust survivors are passing away," Kirman says.
 "We need to make sure the memory lives on, of them and all those who perished
and never made it out to tell their own story."

Another song, "That's My Boy," is about an Israeli soldier who gets killed in
the line of duty.  It is sung from the perspective of his mother, who settled
in Israel to start a family with her husband when they were a young couple.

"It took me a long time to write the song, and an even longer time to be able
to sing without breaking down in tears," says Kirman.

Kirman, who has been playing guitar and writing songs since childhood, had no
intentions to make her work public until the summer of 2001 when she played and
sang for a friend of hers, singer/songwriter John Spearn (www.canadasongs.com),
who specializes in writing and performing songs about various aspects of
Canadian history.  Spearn encouraged her to get into a studio and record.
Today I Lit A Candle features eight original compositions.

"I am not a natural-born singer, but I felt this was something I was led to
do," Kirman, who by day is a freelance writer and Web page designer, explains.

You can hear Paula's music at MP3.com:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/361/paula_eve_kirman.html

For More Information:
Paula Eve Kirman