Re: Boston, Sephardic

Judith

Thanks for the geography correction, I forgot about Voice of the Turtle.
I have the cds of both groups in my music library. Considering, there
very few individuals, who perform ladino or spanish renaissance
influenced music; I would say, good for them. Music, like ethnic foods
are generally enhanced and sometimes improved, by the introduction of
outside interpretations and styles.

Also, Ari try the Boston Israeli Consul's Arts Officer; they generally
track and sometimes,
even "book" the visiting Israeli artists, musicians,etc.

PS Honey Novick, from Canada has performed in  Boston and New York.

Jacob Freedman
Sunday Morning Klezmer & Other Jewish Music
sundaymorningklezmer (at) juno(dot)com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/WBZCFMsndymrnngklzmr/

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 07:38:50 -0500 Judith R Cohen <judithc (at) YorkU(dot)CA>
writes:
> hi, Judy Frankel lives in San Francisco but is often in Boston; and
> the Voice of the Turtle are there. The group someone mentioned is
> probably La Rondinella but is based near Washington DC not Boston.
These are
> not Sephardic artists, all are musicians who learned about Sephardic
> music as adults, and they have very different approaches and styles.
> Judith
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.