emblematic accordion

hi,

Josh asks us whether we
> Ever wonder why the accordion never became the emblematic instrument of
> klezmer music when there are more....

Just thought some of you may not know that the accordion is also
important in many Inuit communities, but hasn't become emblematic of
Inuit music; in fact, most people probably don't even know they play it
- probably because it doesn't seem properly "exotic". I just read about
how the jew's harp, which IS at least marginally emblematic (can
something be marginally emblematic?) probably substituted for the less
tractable goose quill, but I won't take us any further off topic....
cheers, Judith