Re: Asian Music

I expected that people would understand that when I meant "geographically
incorrect," I was referring to Asian Music printing articles that
specifically concerned Ashkenazim.  That would appear to be an
interpretation of a policy of publishing pieces about expatriate Asian
communities, an interpretation that we should all find reassuring in the
world to all too often denies us our history and heritage.

Another possibility for publishing Josh's article might be Musical
Quarterly.  They're pretty eclectic, possibly eclectic enough to consider a
piece on modality in Jewish music.

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American and Jewish Studies
University of Minnesota
100 Ferguson Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612 624-7840 (o)