Asian Music

hi, actually, there's nothing"geographically incorrect" about Jewish music
studies appearing in the (very good) ASIAN MUSIC Journal. Is Israel in
Europe? (to say nothing of Uzbeki Jewish music...)
There is a great issue of Asian Music from I think 1986, edited by Phil
Bohlman, on the music of different Jewish communities in Israel, from many
different perspectives; if your library has the journal, this issue is
really worth checking out. I've referred to articles in it often.
here's to our shared asian origins, Judith