Re: Akdamus

The melody to Leibush Lehrer's song "A lid vel ikh zingen" is
indeed based on Akdomus, but quite different. It's a beautiful song.
The song was sung on shabes in the Yiddish summer camp Camp Boiberik
(1920-1982). I am quite certain that the song was  only sung in
Boiberik.

ÆÆÝAm I the only Boiberikaner on the list?  Josh Waletzky was the
music director for many years and Boiberikaner are planning a CD of
the songs that were written in Boiberik, most of them by the
director, Leibush Lehrer, a leading Yiddish pedagogue in the US. -
Itzik

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->