Re: kol isha--redux!

I'm pleased to report that the masterly essay by Rabbi Saul Berman (of Edah
and Stern College) on kol isha--which puts that halacha (or that halachic
rubric) in proper perspective, I think, and to which I've previously
alluded--is now available on the web, through Edah's website.

So far as I can tell, you need to first go to:

www.edah.org/docs

and then select:  kolisha.pdf

(It's a reprint of his article exactly as it appeared in a book.)

I can't more enthusiastically recommend this reading, from a (liberal, I
suppose one would call it, and certainly scholarly) halachic perspective, on
an issue that's so vexing to many today.

--Robert Cohen