Upcoming Concerts and album!

Sholem Aleykhem everyone!

I haven't been active on this list for the past few months because
Peggy and I have been working intensely on the artwork and booklet
layout for our newest CD, Zingen far sholem, tantsn far freyd--Sing
for Peace, Dance for Joy-- (as well as on Peggy's new line of Custom
Printed Ketubot!).  The CD is at the manufacturer's now and we hope
to have some in hand in time for our upcoming concerts.

It's nice to see postings by old friends again and to see that you're
out there performing.

So here's where we'll be during December.  I hope we'll see some of
you there. Please say hello if you come.

? Saturday, December 15th, 2001 at 6:30 and 9:30 pm
Two concerts at Caffe Lena
47 Phila Street
Saratoga Springs, NY
for information:
? call: (518) 583-0022
? http://www.caffelena.com/

? Sunday, December 16th, 2001
Chanukkah party and Potluck Dinner Hosted by Diane and Bari Shamas
at the Congregational Church
Westminster West, VT
for information:
? call 802-387-5788
? http://www.sover.net/~shamas/Channukah/index.htm

? Monday, December 31st, 2001 at 6:00, 7:00 and 8:00 pm
Concert and Dance Music at First Night Providence Celebration
Sponsored by Crown Cut Packaging, Inc.
Beneficent Congregational Church Hall
300 Weybosset Street (Chestnut Street entrance
Providence, RI
for information:
? http://www.firstnightprovidence.org

WHAT'S NEW
from the
WHOLESALE KLEZMER BAND?

Let us make peace and and do justice,
And heal our poor world, which is our greatest treasure,
When slavery and oppression have disappeared from the face of the Earth,
We won't need to see the Messiah to know that the time of the Messiah has come.

--translated from Az Moshiakh Vet Ersht Kumen or Kafka's Paradox by
Yosl Kurland

Franz Kafka wrote that the Messiah will only come when he is no
longer needed. Joe (Yosl) Kurland of the Wholesale Klezmer Band has
composed a rousing Yiddish song turning that idea into a joyous
invitation to take part in making the world a better place.

You'll find Kafka's Paradox and much much more on our new album,
Zingen far sholem, tantsn far freyd (Sing for Peace, Dance for Joy),
which we hope will be back from the manufacturer in time to sell at
the above performances.

And you can see the cover art, contents list and a link to download
the entire text of the CD booklet including Yiddish lyrics,
translations and transliterations at:
        http://www.WholesaleKlezmer.com/calendar.html

Gut shabbos,

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340
voice/fax: 413-624-3204
http://www.WholesaleKlezmer.com
Please include your USPS address and phone number in your email
signature on all business correspondence.