Re: R: Rosa Eskenazi

Dear Joan and George (yia sou, re Marko, me to bouzoukaki sou!) Robinson,

There are a couple of interesting articles by Gail Holst (now Holst-Warhaft)
on the web, too:

http://research.umbc.edu/eol/MA/index/number5/holst/holst_0.htm
Gail Holst-Warhaft
Amanes: The Legacy of the Oriental Mother

http://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/journal_of_modern_greek_studies/v015PDF/15
.2holst-warhaft.pdf
or
http://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/journal_of_modern_greek_studies/v015SMK/15
.2holst-warhaft.html
Song, Self-Identity, and the Neohellenic
Gail Holst-Warhaft

Australian-born Holst-Warhaft is a professor of classics and comparative
literature at Cornell, so if you can't find the "Road to Rembetika" book any
other way...

Actually, I just found several Holst books, including "The Road to
Rembetica" for sale at the following site:
Greece In Print
www.greeceinprint.com
Do a search for "Holst."

Sto kalo,
Alexandra
(a.k.a., Sandra Layman the passionate devotee of rebetika, zmyrneika,
mikrasiatika ...)