Re: Fwd: Neshama's 10/18 show at The Bottom Line, NYC

> > ...We learn
> > that when we get together and sing, it's like we're praying twice.

It's cute to read this statement by St. Augustine quoted by Neshama as if
it were a Midrash or a Hassidic teaching ("We learn that...).
It's a great statement, though.  I have a sign of "To Sing Is To Pray
Twice" in calligraphy posted on my office door.  Right now the sign is
anonymous -- other than the artist's name -- but for quite a while I've
been thinking of attributing it to "Der Augustiner Rebbe".

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ