RE: Klezmer Scene in Germany

As a journalist for The Jewish Week newspaper in New York I will be spending
most of October in Germany, primarily in Berlin.

I'm very interested in the emerging klezmer scene in Germany, and I'm
wondering whether anyone can answer either of the following questions: 1.
How would you characterize the German scene in terms of its popularity?  2.
How is the scene different from and similar to the Klezmer wave in Eastern
Europe?

Thanks very much for your help!

Please reply to eliciapomeroy (at) hotmail(dot)com as I won't be able to access
this
account while I'm away.

Best,
Elicia Brown