Re: Violinist Isaac Stern dead at 81

   My favorite quote from Isaac Stern: "We send them our Jews from
Odessa...they send us their Jews from Odessa." -Referring to concertizing
Classical musicians.
   I'll miss him the most, not just because he was a wonderful musiker but
because he was also a great teacher...and great music teachers are hard to
come by. If he'd taught me the violin, instead of the idiot I had in the
second and third grades, I might still be playing it.
      Trudi the G