(no subject)

From: Garner,
Cheryl Shammes,   Cheroneg (at) aol(dot)com

--------------------
Rebuilding With New Job
--------------------

By Ann L. Kim
STAFF WRITER

September 17, 2001

In the spring, a week before Passover, tragedy struck Andrew Zucker's life
when his wife, Erica, miscarried two weeks before the due date of their
daughter.

By August, Zucker, a 27-year-old lawyer who grew up in North Massapequa, was
finally recovering from the loss of his first child and had started a new job
on the 85thfloor of Tower Two in the World Trade Center.

Last week, as Rosh Hashanah approached, Zucker's family prepared for another
loss, as their pleas for information have gone unanswered.

Family members have been gathering at his brother Stuart Zucker's Woodbury
home and finding themselves in an odd state that one family member called
"pre-mourning."

Without a body, they cannot begin the traditional seven-day Jewish mourning
period known as shiva. Yet chances of finding Zucker are slim. "I think we
all know the truth at this point," Stuart Zucker said.

After the first hijacked airliner struck Tower One about 8:45 a.m., Andrew
Zucker and his co-workers began fleeing Tower Two. Erica Zucker reached him
by cell phone about 8:55 a.m., and he said he was in a stairwell, his brother
said. Co-workers at Harris Beach LLP told Zucker's family that Andrew was
organizing the evacuation. One recalled seeing him on the 78th floor before
the second jet crashed. "I'm convinced he was right near the impact," said
Stuart Zucker.

Andrew Zucker's family - his wife, parents, Sue and Saul Zucker of North
Massapequa, older brother Stuart and older sisters Gayle Mosenson of Woodbury
and Cheryl Shames of North Massapequa - are fielding calls from hundreds of
friends - from Plainedge High School in North Massapequa, where he graduated
in 1991, to the Bronx district attorney's office, where he worked for a year.

"Anybody that ever met Andrew never forgot him," Stuart Zucker said. "He was
loud and outgoing. He got on everyone's nerves four times a day, but did
something five times a day to make up for it."

Copyright (c) 2001, Newsday, Inc.

This article originally appeared at:
http://newsday.com/news/printedition/newyork/ny-iezuck172369758sep17.story

Visit Newsday online at http://www.newsday.com