A thought worth sharing in the wake of tragedy and on the cusp of a new year

Khaverim --

Some of you in the Jewish journalism world may know Zalman Shmotkin from
his work with Chabad. Even if you don't I think you may find some
comfort in this message that I and many others received from him by
e-mail just before Erev Rosh Hashanah.

I pass it along to you with best wishes for a healthy and safe new year.

Shalom,
George Robinson

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
     urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
endure."
     Justice Thurgood Marshall, Skinner v. Railway Labor Executives'
     Assn. (1989)