Re: Lyrics- Simchas Torah/Warshavsky

Bob,
You could try the Zemerl site, which is always a good bet for lyrics and
sound clips.  Under Simchas Torah there are listed 7, one is a dance,
not a song, and two have little to do with S. T.   Here is one of the
entries for "Kinder, mir hobn simkhes toyre" which has 3 verses.
Warshavsky ends his version with a repeat of the 1st verse:

http://campuscgi.princeton.edu/~klez/zemerl/show.pl?title=Simkhes+Toyre+%28Simkhat+Torah%29

If you really want all 10, I'll have to sit down and do a
transliteration.  Here is another Yiddish song I know for children, "A
fon mit a likhtl":

A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon mit a likhtl,
A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon mit a likhtl.

A fon mit a likhtl mit a roytn epl,
A tentsl mit di toyre,
A gezunt in der kepl.

A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon mit a likhtl,
A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon (clap, clap, clap),
A fon mit a likhtl.

You were not specific as to whether you were looking for Yiddish songs
or just S.T. songs in general.

Write me if you need my phone # to hear the tune.

Hope this is helpful.

Lorele

Bob & Kathryn Herman wrote:

> Lori
> For the sake of historical accuracy, I suppose I should have all ten
> verses. However, it would be nice to know which ones are commonly
> sung.
> My temple has asked for an arrangement, and I'll include all we have
> time for.
> If you could direct me to a web site that contains the lyrics, I would
> greatly appreciate it.
> Thanks.
> Bob
>
> Lori Cahan-Simon wrote:
>
>> Do you want all ten verses or just the ones that are commonly sung?
>> Lorele
>>
>> Bob & Kathryn Herman wrote:
>>

>> > Could someone kindly provide the
>> >
>> > Lyrics for "Simchas Torah" by Warshavsky?
>> > Thanks
>> > Bob Herman
>> > (KLEZUNDHEIT!)
>> >

>> ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org