Re: ancient Sephardic melody

HI, sorry I can't put a lot of time against this now. I know with 100%
certainty that the melody is on at least one of these recordings (and may
be on both:

Levy, John
Music of the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue (Bevis Marks)
Smithsonian             08961

Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue
Songs for the Sabbath
Congregation Shearith Israel, The

The notes to one of these two recordings reference the melody's supposed
antiquity.

I think chances are good it is also in: Sephardic Oriental Songbook, by
Velvel Pasternak and/or Sephardic Songs of Praise, A. Lopes Cardozo
(book/CD combo.)

Hope this helps.

Joel