Re: AW: Yiddish Songs: Favorite Recordings

Responding to the message of <103(dot)486c737(dot)28552826 (at) aol(dot)com>
from jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org:

> In a message dated 6/10/1 4:13:53 AM, hklehmann (at) gmx(dot)de writes:
>
> << Not to forget "I Love You Much Too Much" in a Carlos-Santana version. >>
>
> I THINK WE SHOULD!

I'd like to decide that for myself.  I've always loved his playing.  What album
is it on?  Is there a vocal?  Is it in Ladino?

Does anyone else remember that one big hit he had with a Yiddish lyric where he
goes after easy listening singers?  Oy Vay! Como! [Perry, that is]  Bah!

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American and Jewish Studies
University of Minnesota
2106 4th St. S
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612 624-7840 612 624-8001 (fax)