Makor tomorrow, Cal next week.

Hi List members,
Writing about a show, we're opening for an Israeli group, Darma, tomorrow at
Makor, and we are also performing with Mozaik, a group from Berkeley who have
put together a really fantastic show on May 30th (Julia Morgan Theatre,
Berkeley) the day after Shavuot, called New Moon in Sinai. and the Amazing LA
music Festival on June 3rd.(sorry for the very long email.....)

   REMINDER!!! Tomorrow, Wed. May 23rd
MAKOR 35 W. 67th St.
8pm - $15
opening for world famous flute player, Eyal Sela with his band Darma @ 9pm

We are returning to the WEST COAST
    a.. May/June West Coast Tour >  Palo Alto, Berkeley, LA, Hollywood > from
May 29 to June 4 > More info here !!
    a.. Tuesday, May 29 > JCC Palo Alto > 8pm with Mozaik at 9pm
    a.. Wednesday, May 30th > Berkeley> 8pm > Julia Morgan Theater w/ Mozaik >
Reservation 925-798-1300
NEW MOON AT SINAI >an evening of new jewish music and theatre

Who: Presented by Mozaik, Pharoah's Daughter and The Puppet Players in
association with Chochmat HaLev

When: Wednesday, May 30, 2001  7:00PM

Venue: Julia Morgan Theatre, 2640 College Ave, Berkeley

In this magical performance, Mozaik will musically tell the story in three
suites of  "The Hebrews Exodus from Egypt", "Splitting the Red Sea", and
the
"Receiving the Torah from Moses at Mount Sinai". A visual show will
accompany the music and dance, incorporating slides by photographer
Sebastion "Suki" Belaustegui from Argentina and shadow puppetry by
Christine
Marie of Shadow and Light.

Mozaik - MoZaiK is a 10 piece improvisational band from Berkeley, CA,
drawing from the roots of Jewish soul music and their own world wanderings.
They blend the sounds of Klezmer, ancient Middle Eastern melodies with jazz
sensibilities and a jamming approach that makes MoZaik "Able to make a
grandmother dance on a table and a teenager scream for more."  The band
includes: guitar/mandolin/saz, piano, voice, violin, saxophone/flute/bass
clarinet, bass, percussion, and more.

Pharoah's Daughter - From NYC, a recent sellout at the Berkeley Jewish
Music Festival. Pharoah's Daughter is a six piece eclectic groove ensemble with
oud, guitars, tabla, and flutes.  On Knitting Factory Records, Pharoah's
Daughter has created a brand of music that combines religious, Jewish,
spiritual music with world beat, and the intense lyrical detail of a pop
singer/songwriter.

The Puppet Players are a a multi-media, musical, and ritual theatre group.
They will deliver deep teachings through laughter, puppetry and poetry
about
Shavuot, the new moon, ritual and celebration.  The Puppet People
incorporate all original music, live action theatre, hand puppets, masks,
shadow puppets and more to involve the audience in a multi-sensory
experience for the whole family.

This one-night-only performance will take place on Wedneday, May 30 at
7:00pm at the Julia Morgan Theatre, 2640 College, Avenue, Berkeley, CA.
Advance tickets are available by calling 925-798-1300.  Ticket prices: $12
in advance; $15 at the door: $8 students, seniors, children.

>For more information please visit:  www.mozaik.org,
>www.pharoahsdaughter.com, www.juliamorgan.org, www.chochmat.org
    a.. Sunday, June 3rd > LA> Valley Jewish Music Festival > W/Craig Taubman,
David Broza, NEshama Carelebach...
    Valley Jewish Festival, "A Tapestry of Jewish Life"
    Cal State Northridge, Sierra Quad, 18111 Nordhoff St.
    Sunday, June 3 - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
    For information: (818) 464-3215

    a.. Monday, June 4th >Hollywood> Knitting Factory > 7:30pm
BACK TO NYC!!
    a.. Sat. June 9th > NYC > Knitting Factory . > 8:30 PM  &  10pm

"A bona fide, genuine, gilt-edged masterpiece * * * * * " The Jewish Week,
George Robinson (Sept. 2000)

"I want more of this band, much more! They are so good!" Folk Roots Magazine
(England), Derek Reid (Sept. 2000)

"Pharaoh?s Daughter is one of the most original and exciting groups to have
emerged from the new Jewish Music movement." Rhythm, Ben Frandzel (Feb. 2001)
  (Also I highly recommend for those who have not bought our cd's yet, a
fantastic cd company.  www.cdbaby.com!

Check out our website for more information
www.pharaohsdaughter.com
"Out of the Reeds" & "Daddy's Pockets" available @  hatikvahmusic.com,
www.cdbaby.com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->