Re: What's Jewish Music

I'm curious, Ari:  Which of Debbie's melodies do you identify as "common
folk tunes" (and, i.e., not original?)--as opposed to composed in lyrical
folky/pop style?

Please advise!

BTW, some of Leonard Cohen's poem/songs are, perhaps, more interesting and
relevant examples (relevant to Jewish music definition or boundaries of
same, i.e.) than much of Dylan's stuff--though someone (Stephen [sp?]
Pickering, I think) wrote an entire book--which I may even have [there was
once an outside chance once that I'd get to interview Dylan]--about the
Jewish origins and allusions in Dylan's music.

--Robert Cohen