Re: Womens' Music?

although this discussion is interesting, and should go on as long as members
wish, I want to say that it is not my intention to make this a feminist
issue or statement, but to highlight women who perform and sing during the
month of May.

The rock'n rebbiztin has a cd she calls kol isha, (which will be part of the
mix).  But i choose intentionally not to use the term kol isha for many
reasons.

Ashes Chayil to me (at least) was a term to honor women in general.  The
reading speaks not of separation but of her family calls her "blessed."
There is no mechitzah or sheitles in the reading.  It reminds me of a
beautiful functional family, where the woman partner is a full partner, both
in her relationship with her husband and in raising children. "her children
rise up to bless her, and her husband sings her praises. many women have
done valiently, but you excell them all."  (proverbs31)

I see no denegration of women here....am i wrong?

any how....if anyone can think of a better title....let me know...im open to
suggestion.
winston