áòðééï: "Halaka"

The term for the child's first haircut is "Khalake" or "Khalaka" (from the
Hebrew Khalak=smooth), and the "Bottle Dance" is played (among other dances)
for that circumstance.

Moshe Berlin
  ----- äåãòä î÷åøéú -----
  îàú: Michel Borzykowski
  àì: World music from a Jewish slant
  ðùìç: éåí ùéùé 09 îøõ 2001 22:36
  ðåùà: "Halaka"

  As nobody answered my question (and please forgive my ignorance!), I ask it
again: What is the meaning of the yiddish /hebrew term "Halaka" ? Can it be the
child's first haircut?
  This question is not completely OoT:  I saw the klezmer theme "Bottle Dance"
or "Folk song" under the title "Halaka". Could this song/dance be used for that
circumstance?
  A shaynem dank!
  Michal

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->