and now for something completely different

Just got a interesting mailing from an old teacher of mine
that has some jewish music connection.

I'm not usually a big fan of attempts to crossbreed, but this
might be worth a look.  I've been aquainted with Gamelan Son of Lion
for years and they are one of the finest American Gamelan orchestras.
I've never seen them show any affinity for anything Jewish before,
but it ought to be interesting.

Gamelan Son of Lion presents
Wayang Esther: A Javanese Purimspiel
by Barbara Benary
with puppeteers Barbara Politt and Joko Sutrisno

The Book of Esther retold as an operetta
with Javanese shadow puppets and gamelan music,
for adults and older children.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday Feb 16, 17, 18 and 23, 24, 25
7:30 PM and Sat Matinee at 3 pm
Here Arts Center
145 6th Ave NYC 10013 between Spring and Broome
Tickets $12 212-647-0202 www.here.org

--
r l reid        ro (at) panix(dot)com