Forgot to mention, Re: kobza

Oh, one other little thing.  I know I've mentioned it before.

According to Lulla Rosenfeld, the famed actor David Kessler played the instument
in his childhood:

"This David Kessler was the son of a Kishinev innkeeper, a dour, pious man with
a houseful of children and no money to feed them.  Since the innkeeper's son had
no turn for books, he was sent out as a peddler on the Kishinev streets.  There
he was called "Dovidl-with-the-Kobze" because he sang his wares, accompanying
himself on a kobze, a kind of beggar's guitar."  (Lulla Rosenfeld, _Bright Star
of Exile_, pp77-78)

I hope I have encouraged you to seek out the experts.

--
Owen Davidson
Amherst  Mass

The Angel that presided oer my birth
Said Little creature formd of Joy & Mirth
Go Love without the help of any King on Earth

Wm. Blake