Re: Rav Shlomo, z"l

Just for the record, I'd like to say very publicly that, for those of us who
had the great, awesome privilege of learning with and from him, Shlomo was
the most gevalt spiritual teacher of our times--who shared some of the
deepest, most beautiful, and hidush-nik Torah of our generation.

I'm not sure what "spiritual persona" and "spiritual charisma" (in another
message mean)--one is either drawn to someone's charisma (which Shlomo
obviously had) or not.  But as a role model ... well, how many teachers do
you know who would empty their pockets--*and sign over entire paychecks*
(for as much as $10,000) because someone in need importuned them?  But I do
not intend or desire to start a thread on this theme, and do not in any way
ask for, or seek or desire, response.

As far as Jewish music "speaking to many people" (I may be misconstruing Ari
here), it is Shlomo's and Debbie's, et al, music that is the Jewish music
speaking to many Jews today!

B'Shalom,

Robert Cohen