RE: KlezFest London (UK)

This is to let you know that for the first time there will be a KlezFest in
London (UK)
this summer from 1-4 July.  Most of the wonderful inspiring faculty of KlezKamp
will be
here to impart their wonderful skills and warmth.  Everything you ever wanted
to know
about Klezmer and Yiddish music, song dance language, literature and humour
will be
right here.  We have also invited some performers and teachers from the Ukraine
and
Belarus.  We look forward to meeting many of you here.  It will take place at
London
University and there is residence accommodation if you want somewhere
reasonable to stay
or hotel if you would prefer more mod cons.    I am adding a  few details
below.  There
are some more on our website and in about ten day's time the registration form
will be
on the website.  (We take Credit Card bookings).

There will be Lecture presentations, Interactive sessions, lots of practical
singing and
klezmer instrumental and ensemble training and workshops as well as a programme
of
culture, humour, history, language and literature for non-musicians and
wonderful
evening performances?

It will be led by a faculty of the most outstanding teachers and musicians from
Europe and America on the Yiddish and Klezmer scene today including members of
Klezmer Conservatory Band, Klezmatics, Brave Old World, Budowitz, YIVO,
the Workmen's Circle and the Yiddish Theatre in New York:
Michael Alpert, Adrienne Cooper, Barry Davis, Walter Zev Feldman, Trudy Gold,
Joshua
Horowitz, Frank London, Zalmen Mlotek, David Roskies, Gregori Schechter, Merlin
Shepherd, Deborah Strauss, Jeff Warschauer, Michael Wex, Jack Gold, David
Mazower as
well as special guest teachers and performers Khaverim from Simferopol and
others from
Kharkov in the Ukraine

For more details, contact KlezFest London or watch our website
Geraldine Auerbach MBE
Director, Jewish Music Institute
The School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Tel +44 (0)20 7898 4308   Fax +44 (0)20 8909 1030
E-mail jewishmusic (at) jmi(dot)org(dot)uk
Website www.jmi.org.uk

---