Re: The New Klemorim and KlezKamp 2000

job with KlezKamp and probably doesn't get enough credit for it.  For
instance, in a bold move this year, one of the featured performances  was
Judith Cohen and her daughter Tamar doing an entire program of Ladino song
(that's the Sephardic equivalent to Yiddish otherwise known as
Judeo-Spanish).  Mix in a little Adrienne Cooper, Michael Alpert and other
musicians and you had a truly unique presentation of song. (I wish Michael
had gotten to do his own version of "Borscht".)

KlezKanada does their own programs and we all gain by having them.  What we
need are more and more such events not criticism for who is left out of this
film or that book, etc.  Attend all the camps, read all the books and listen
to every recording you can get your hands on.  The film was very enjoyable
but it is not the only film out there.

Kudos to all the ensembles, dance bands and instructors at this year's Philly
KlezKamp experience.

Alan Sisselman