Re: question about Ray Musiker

>I have a question concerning Ray Musiker: is his music available on
>CD's?
>I know that there is a cassette from 1991 titled "Ray Musiker & the
>NuKlez Quartet: Matai? When?". He also appears on the compilation album
>"Klezmer Music: A marriage of heaven and earth" together with the
>Klezmatics. Is there anything else out there from him?

I don't believe any of his recordings are available on CD other than
the set he recorded with the Klezmatics.  There are a number of vinyl
LP recordings of his music, some of which you may be able to find:

  [1] "TANZ! with Dave Tarras and Sam Musiker" (Epic LM 3219 [1956]).
      Ray is the third woodwind player on this *great* album.

  [2] "Tzena Tzena, Hava Nagila and Other Jewish Wedding Dances" (Audio
      Fidelity AFLP 2114 [1963]).  Ray's playing on this album is a
      bit over-rehearsed and wooden.

  [3] "Jewish Dance Hits" by Bobby Silver and His Orchestra [featuring
      Ray Musiker] (Cameo SC-1049 [1963]).  Ray's playing on this album
      is spontaneous, straight from the heart, brilliant.  A real gem.

  [4] "New York Klezmer Ensemble" (M.A. Productions M.A. 500 [1982]).
      This one may still be available on casette.  I like it very much,
      expecially the soulful "Kale Bazetsn & Processional" that Ray
      plays as a duet with his son, pianist Lee Musiker.

Good luck.

-- Bill B.