Dec. 25 concert in New Haven area

Hi everyone,

After going to the movies and eating at a Chinese restaurant what is there
to do if you're Jewish in America on Dec. 25?

Well, here's one potential answer.  For the past three years I have helped
organize  a Family and Community Concert of Jewish Music at my synagogue,
Congregation Mishkan Israel, in Hamden, CT (just outside of New Haven).  The
concert takes place this year on Monday, December 25, 2000 at 5:00 PM.  A
program will consist of Hanukah, Klezmer, and Yiddish songs that will be
performed by a community ensemble. Featured performers will include Cantor
Shoshana Lash, guitarist Bennet Kottler, and internationally acclaimed
Bluegrass and Klezmer artist Stacy Phillips.  A contribution of $5 for
adults is payable at the door and benefits the Congregation.  Children 12
and under are free.  Advance reservations are not required.  Congregation
Mishkan Israel is located at 785 Ridge Road, Hamden, CT.  For further
information, call (203) 288-3877.

If you would like a poster for the event I have one that I can send as an
attachment.  The concert is always a lot of fun and it should be even more
so this year because Dec. 25 is Hannukah.  I hope that some of you can come
to this event.

Happy Hannukah.

David Chevan

please forward this message to anyone who might be interested in this
announcement
David Chevan, Bassologist
for more info visit my web site located at
 www.chevan.addr.com