Re: American Yiddish performers on Guardsman

Other than Joseph Cohen, I have recordings on the Guardsman label by Gus and
Morris Jacobson, Rosa Klaver, Sol Lieberman as well as Lebedeff recording
under his own name. It's really quite incongruous to see the Yiddish text
underneath a guardsman in his bearskin helmet; still, I suppose some of our
graphics will appear equally absurd in 80 years time.
Julian Futter
 61 Warrington Crescent
London W9 1EH
futter (at) btinternet(dot)com

> Aaron Lebedeff's records were issued on Guardsman under the nom de disque
of
> Joseph Cohen
>

> Henry Sapoznik
> Founder/Director "KlezKamp: The Yiddish Folk Arts Program"
> Author  "Klezmer! Jewish Music From Old World to Our World" (Schirmer
Books)