15 new capsule reviews on KlezmerShack

Mindful that the holiday season is nearing, in addition to the usual new links
and bands, there are capsule reviews of 15 new albums on the KlezmerShack this
week:

Paul Brody's Tango Toy / Klezmer Stories
La Yave: The Key to Sephardic Music
Klezmer Conservatory Band / Dance me to the end of love
Ensemble DRAj / Lieder aus den Ghettos
Tennessee Schmaltz / Old Country Klezmer
Gypsy Jive Band / Dance Me
Closet Klezmer
Einstein's Little Homunculus / Balancing Act
Stewart Curtis' K-Groove / Smoked Salmon Salsa
Lenka Lichtenberg / Deep Inside
Majer Bogdanski / Yiddish Songs--Yidishe Lider
Shawn's Kugel / Most Precious of Days
Brandeis-Bardin International Klezmer Ensemble
Andrew Coleman / Disco by Night

I am happy to say that this just scratches the surface. Time permitting,
there'll be at least a couple more of these in the next weeks. There's just a
lot of great new music out there (and always older albums to catch up with).
Not a bad place to be!

If you have a "year's top ten" or other article about jewish music in which
KlezmerShack readers might be interested, do please send me the URL soonest and
I'll be glad to include it.

Enjoy,
ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/