Re: Fwd: FW: moroccan hazanut

Hi, thanks, it was my inquiry. I wanted to how the practice arose of using
the same folk tune for a Hebrew/Ladino version of En K'elohenu as that in
the Catalan national anthem. I first heard it done that way on a Louis
Danto CD that referenced Rabbi Louk as the source of the melody. I see that
the same melody is now used in Ramon Tasat's CD that accompanies the
"Sephardic Songs for all" book. I'm copying Ramon on this email in hopes
that he may know more. The notes to the book just say it is an "Andalucian"
melody.

Shana tovah everyone!

Joel

At 03:07 PM 9/21/00 -0400, Ari Davidow wrote:
>I don't remember this query, but if it is still outstanding....
>
> >From: ASJM <asjm (at) CJH(dot)org>
> >To: "'ari (at) ivritype(dot)com'" <ari (at) ivritype(dot)com>
> >Subject: FW: moroccan hazanut
> >Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:41:19 -0400

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home:           781-862-2432
Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          jbresler (at) ma(dot)ultranet(dot)com