Re: shabes! shabes!

The word Shabbash comes up in Rivkind's book, Klezmorim in connection with
Persian Jews.  A group of us is translating this book into English from
Hebrew--some parts aren't clear and there's still more to translate but here
is the Shabbash passage:

"Shabbat note-see my book Yiddishe Gelt in note to item 598.  It is
interesting to add here that a  word similar to  that can be found with
Persian Jews with the same meaning [note from Helen?we are not sure which
word he is talking about here or is it the expression about paying for dance
requests that he is talking about?] ?in honour of the occasion the orchestra
plays and one of the musicians declares Shabbash [from Helen?we think this
is a Persian word] donations in the form of gold coins given on behalf of
the groom and bride.  This money is given later to the musicians.  Source is
Chanina Mizracki in ?The Jews of Persia?, Tel Aviv.  About the klezmer?s
earnings, see table of contents in my book pg. 290 under ?Leading the Bride?
and ?Klezmers.?

By the way, if anyone wants a copy of the translation to date, just e-mail
me.  Haven't got any new sections since about May but still hoping to find
more translators.
Helen