Re: more "classical" wedding klez

That's the perfect way to send an article to the list--by sending the URL.
(This is especially important for copyright reasons.)

Thanks, Ed.

I think this is the same article that was posted earlier this week, but it's a
good one, so anyone who missed it the first time around should catch it now.
It's a review of the new Budowitz and Khevrisa albums. I thought it was a bit
harsh on Steve Greenman, although I also hear what the reviewer was trying to
say (in terms of over-ornamentation).

Does anyone who has heard one or both new albums, and also heard Joel Rubin's
"Beregovski's Khasene" want to comment? I liked the Rubin very much, and it is
certainly a propos when discussing unknown, or less-well-known Jewish wedding
repertoire (although, in this case, some Beregovski material has been available
for decades). As with the Khevrisa album, the musicianship, to my ear, sounded
quite excellent--Rubin is quite fine, and Kalman Balogh, the tsimbl player, is
justly renowned on his own. The music didn't have the energy or feeling that I
heard in Budowitz' recordings, but at that level of playing, I'd hate to be
overly critical. I've also heard people describe the Rubin Beregovski album as
everything from "elevator music" to "brilliant."

ari