RE: JEWISH-MUSIC digest 1602

Zorn told me he got the reference to Karliner from a description in a
footnote in Idelsohn's "Jewish Music," which Zorn thought resounded through
the years and hinted at a possible precursor. I don't know if there's
anything else known about him other than what Idelsohn wrote.

p.s. Bert Stratton, please phone home (please Email me).