Hello My Baby - Artza Alinu

I happened to notice that, if you put the old American popular song Hello My
Baby into a minor key, it sounds remarkably like Artza Alinu.  Does anyone know
if this is coincidence, or if there really is a connection?

According to The Book Of World-Famous Music by Fuld, Hello Ma Baby was
copyrighted in 1899, and was the first well-known song to refer to the
telephone.  I presume that Artza Alinu was written during Israel's pioneer
period, but I don't know, and it may have been written to an older melody.

Jacob Bloom

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->