Ensembling

With the help of Wolf, Michael Wex, Martin Van De Ven and others I have been
trying to find people to form a new klezmer stringband (or quasi-stringband)
in Toronto. So far, I haven't had much luck finding the appropriate
personnel.  (One fiddler has non-committally said, "Maybe in the fall.")
For starters, it would just be a "kicks" band, and I'm looking particularly
for fiddle, maybe mandolin, maybe bass, maybe some sort of bazouki, maybe
flute or recorders.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Obviously, I'm
trying to find people who are not otherwise fully occupied with working
ensembles.

Thanks,

Jeffrey M.
Toronto