What is this? "Secrets and Scandals" on E Channel?

> Subject: Slow hora, almost stopping
> Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 07:41:00 -0400
> From: Jeffrey Miller/Burden of Proof Research <jefmil (at) interlog(dot)com>
> To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>
> >Looking over the discussion of the past few days, it seems we have really
> >done a comprehensive review of the slow hora. >Have I forgotten anything?
>
> In the "effects of alcohol section," I think we forgot a biggie.  This all
> started, I think, with Brandwein's "time-keeping."  Although we talked all
> about his style (and flair), none of us mentioned that he was a shikkornik

And why should we? See 'subject' for the line that goes here. Honestly, don't
worry
about the amount of partying Brandwine accomplished. The only thing it affected
was
his choice of backing musicians (he hired his drinking buddies.) No one's
setting
him up on a blind date with any of your relatives, so let it go, and just enjoy
the
musical legacy that he's left for us. Enjoy 'The Song of Songs'!!
Yay Nifty.
-Lederman

> Subject: Re: Slow hora, almost stopping
> Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:28:12 EDT
> From: Sapoznik (at) aol(dot)com
> To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>
> In a message dated 6/6/00 7:43:07 AM, jefmil (at) interlog(dot)com writes:
>
> >>none of us mentioned that he was a shikkornik
>  >>

> Brandwein might have been a dipsomaniac, but it never affected his music only
> his social interactions. Listen to his records carefully and you'll see you
> can set your watch to them. His time was exquisite.
>
> Henry Sapoznik
> Author
> "Klezmer! Jewish Music
> >From Old World to Our World"
> (Schirmer Books)

Yay Henry!!!
Appreciatively,
Steven Lederman
(...oops.....just remembered...still have the "Jewish Cowboy" CD for you....I've
been busy!!!)