Re: Slow hora, almost stopping

In a message dated 6/6/00 7:43:07 AM, jefmil (at) interlog(dot)com writes:

<< In the "effects of alcohol section," I think we forgot a biggie.  This all
started, I think, with Brandwein's "time-keeping."  Although we talked all
about his style (and flair), none of us mentioned that he was a shikkornik

Brandwein might have been a dipsomaniac, but it never affected his music only
his social interactions. Listen to his records carefully and you'll see you
can set your watch to them. His time was exquisite.

Henry Sapoznik
Author
"Klezmer! Jewish Music
>From Old World to Our World"