Henry Sapoznik Klezmer music schedule

Hello all,
Here are some of my dates around New York during June for klezmer music and
readings of my Schirmer book "Klezmer! Jewish Music From Old World to Our
World" which just won the 2000 Association for Recorded Sound Collections
award for Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research in the field of
Folk and Ethnic Music.

Sunday June 11
Concert
"Welcome Back to Brooklyn"
Pathmark Stage at the Brooklyn Museum
Eastern Parkway/near Washington Ave
Sid Beckerman clarinet, Pete Sokolow, piano, and Henry Sapoznik, banjo.
2:00-3:00
Free

Wednesday June 14
Reading/concert
"Klezmer!" Jewish Music From Old World to Our World"
Community Bookstore
143 Seventh Avenue Park Slope, Brooklyn
(718) 783-3075
7:00-8:30
Free

Saturday June 17
Maverick Concert Series
Maverick Road Woodstock, New York
Gala opening concert for the Maverick concert season with many wonderful
local classical performers and featuring members of "The KlezKamp All Stars"
Margot Leverett (clt), Mark Rubin (bs/tba) and Henry Sapoznik (bjo,vcls)
Info: (914) 679-8172
5:00-Dark
Free

Sunday June 18
KlezFest-CNY sponsored by the Syracuse Jewish Federation
Armory Square, Syracuse New York
Inaugural festival presenting upstate New York klezmer bands and headlining
"The KlezKamp All Stars" with Sy Kushner (acc), Margot Leverett, Mark Rubin,
Cookie Segelstein (fdl), Mike Spielzinger (dr), Henry Sapoznik and special
guest veteran klezmer clarinetist/saxophonist Howie Lees.
12:00-6:00
Info: Sid (315) 682-8489/ Mimi (315) 446-7810
Free

Reading/concert of "Klezmer! Jewish Music From Old World to Our World" at
Syracuse Barnes and Noble
3454 Erie Blvd. E.
Dewitt New York 13214
7:00-8:30