Re: Blame it on Canada...

Raboysay (and esteemed colleagues),
My only gripes about Canada are

1. that Klez Kanada conflicts with
the (older) annual week that we Yiddish
speakers (mostly rootless cosmopolitans,
with musical and other talents among us)
gather at a summer camp, Yiddish vokh,
sponsored by Yugntruf. I remember seeing
quite a few who belong on this list there.
This event takes place in NY State,
convenient  to most of eastern Canada.
And, for the record, I have no financial
connection with Yiddish vokh. (yet)

2. The Ashkenaz festival happens
only once every two years and also
at that partially conflicting time. Its
first year, it occurred the week of July
4th, a time 'sacred' to both nations that
enabled Americans visiting Toronto
to take one less day off work.

Nokhem-Leyb Friedman

Eh, siz git, tants zshe yidn mit...