Re: For the heck of it...

>  Hands up, how many on
> the list know where Oscar Peterson was born and where he lives?

Born in Montreal, I think. When I was a kid, he lived on a suburban street,
(the name escapes me) East of Bathurst, South of Steeles.
in North York (Toronto).

> Glenn
> Gould?

He's dead.  But former List member and Jewish/Yiddish performance artist par
excellence Michael Wex lives in his old building on St. Clair. Ave in Toronto.
There is a historical plaque outside.  I believe he hails from the West End,
around
High Park, originally.

> I was gonna add Saul Bellow,

Born Lachine, Quebec.

> but I don't think he can play clarinet,

Nobody's perfect.  He did however, bring Isaac B. Singer into the mainstream
with
his translation of "Gimpel the Fool" .  (Bellow's wife just delivered a kid and
he
must be in his seventies or eighties).

Do I win anything?

Wolf