Re: tzitzis vs. kippah (not musical)

The truth is that wearing tzitzis could certainly be understood--it can
perhaps *only* be understood--as a higher-order level commandment (indeed, a
commandment as opposed to a mere custom) than wearing a kippah or covering
one's head.

>From: "Marvin" <physchem (at) earthlink(dot)net>
>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>Subject: Re: john zorn's camo pants?
>Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:29:57 -0400

The >couple of times I've seen him, tzitzis have been stylishly arranged to
hang