Re: new cee music

The author of the text was Dunash ben Lavrat from the 10th century. I
believe he studied in Baghdad and later settled in Cordoba. There are a lot
of melodies for this poem. The most popular one, recorded by, for instance,
Habrera Hativit on their Elei Shorashim album, is of Yemenite origin.
Beyond that, I don't know too much about this song.

Hope this is of any help,

Nikolai Jacobs