Re: Yiddish Peysakh songs--

Friends:
I was able to locate two Yiddish language Haggadot here at the library that
circulate. One has musical score in the back and one has English
transliteration of some of the Yiddish texts. They are both from the
Workman's Circle/Arbeter and one was published in 1956, the other in 1960.
So,There may still be copies floating around... if someone knows about
this... let me know. If someone wants to inquire of a song in Yiddish for
Passover, I can see if they have it in these books. Also, the table of
contents at the back gives attribution to text and music for some, although
not all, the works.
Judy

At 12:46 PM 3/30/00 PST, you wrote:
>Should have said thi is Folkways FR 8920.
>
>>From: "Robert Cohen" <rlcm17 (at) hotmail(dot)com>
>>To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>>Subject: Re: Yiddish Peysakh songs--+ versions of Chad Gadya
>>Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:39:57 PST
>>
>>Lorele et al.:  The Folkways recording CHAD GADYA [One Kid]--presumably
>>available on custom cassette and soon via CD?--includes two Yiddish
>>versions
>>of that song.  There is (interesting) annotation in the notes, but no
>>specific author or composer is given for either.

Judith S. Pinnolis
Reference Librarian,
Coordinator for Publications and Training
Brandeis University Libraries
P.O Box 9110  MS045
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02454-9110